Modern home security solutions are getting more capable every year. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to do simple security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks ever again? When you implement geofencing in Dayton, you can simply drive off to work and have your security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Dayton For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual boundary around your house, which you are able to arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to interact with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all components onto the same network. You can set up a unique boundary on all sides of your property and designate particular actions if you cross the prearranged border line.
For example, when you leave your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are several of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics like TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home security system in Dayton. When you download the security app, you can reap the benefits of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to activate at a specific time. Instruct your lighting to lower to indicate that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the fan when a smoke detector trips. Or turn on your hallway lighting if your surveillance system notices unusual motion in the yard.
● Set a scene: Design scenes featuring various devices that function in concert with each other. Make your lights lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you'll never forget to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Dayton
Whether you seek additional reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (937) 230-5750 or submit the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.