Should You Use Wireless Home Security Systems In Dayton?
There was a time not long ago when wired devices were your only option when installing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a video camera on a countertop or governing your system with a smartphone. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless installations. You now have a wealth of extra benefits to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, components that connect and react to each other, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Dayton will safeguard your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
Arguably the most essential element of wireless home security can be expressed through the following words - internet connection. If you have access to fast internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about an internet or power outage, search for systems that have battery and cellular backups in place to sustain the link to your monitoring professionals indefinitely.
When you live in an area without stable cellular or internet access, a wired system will probably be a wiser option. Or It could also be to your advantage from a monetary perspective to go the traditional route if you relocate to a house that currently has wiring for security components in place.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Dayton will elevate your property’s protection, which is the main objective to begin with. But, if you welcome the idea of having the most advanced features, check out the following benefits of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to everything in your residence from your locking systems to your security cameras right from the palm of your hand utilizing the ADT Control app. You are able to see who’s at the front door, turn on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system on the rare chance you forgot to do so. Whenever a security event takes place, you may have notifications delivered directly to your mobile device.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about the countless wires, damage to drywall, and time-consuming installs. The great thing about wireless devices is that you are able to place them practically anywhere and in less time. If you want to update at a later time with the latest equipment, incorporating components into your network is easy.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a possibility with speedy, bi-directional communications. You can set your components to perform a function in specific scenarios to increase your security and dissuade break-ins. For instance, if your outside surveillance discovers suspicious activity around your home, it can automatically direct your inside lighting to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Dayton
Even though wireless home security systems in Dayton are known to be a good choice, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. The following are a handful of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements could run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart components will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally have to be arranged within a set distance from your central command hub. ADT offers range extenders in various scenarios to boost your adaptability.
- Comparable to any computer network, the risk of being hacked exists. But you are able to take steps to minimize the chance of this happening by utilizing hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. Additionally, you should only use security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Experts
Have you decided to reap the benefits of Dayton wireless home security? Call (937) 230-5750 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the right package for your residence.